Boutique Resort Hotel
SUNSHINE COAST, OCEANFRONT RESORT
CONTROLLER, REQUIRED FOR A BOUTIQUE RESORT HOTEL, LOCATED ON THE SUNSHINE COAST, BC.
PICTURESQUE SETTING ON OCEANFRONT WITH SPECTACULAR VIEWS.
The Controller position is generally responsible for managing all accounting functions and controls ensuring they are accurate, timely and comply with all related policies and procedures. The incumbent will work with Hotel Management to facilitate achievement of hotel budget objectives for total sales, profitability and return on investment, while maintaining company standards.
- Strong accounting knowledge to handle a complete accounting cycle in a centralized environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant accounting experience in the hotel industry.
- Must be efficient. Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and maintain a high-level attention to detail. Self-motivated and able to manage people and processes.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal/external customers), demonstrate professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Impeccable integrity and ethics. Trustworthy and discrete. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Above average proficiency/familiarity with computerized systems, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles, including budgeting and forecasting. Strong knowledge in Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll Processes, etc.
- Exceptionally well-organized, able to adapt quickly to competing and changing priorities while closely monitoring critical dates and departmental obligations. Must have strong skills in planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Experience with Sage Accounting Software is preferred.
Full Time, Year Round position with busy Summer Season. Very positive/friendly working environment.
Competitive Salary & Benefits and Great Working Conditions
Accommodation can be provided!
please forward complete Resumé in confidence via email.