Luxury Boutique Waterfront Resort Property
Gulf Islands in British Columbia
Seeking a Housekeeping Manager for a high end, Waterfront Resort & Spa & Marina, Gulf Islands in British Columbia.
Our client is an internationally well-known boutique Resort & Spa catering to sophisticated international clients. This Resort offers a unique guest experience focused on luxury in a one-of-a-kind setting.
This is a year round position, live in one of the most desirable Island communities in British Columbia.
This award winning Resort operates spring to fall only (March to beginning of November), however this is a year round position. Combine your experience and your passion of Island living by joining the team at this internationally renowned Resort & Marina in British Columbia.
Spouse Employment at the hotel is also welcomed!
The Resort includes a very popular Restaurant and a Bistro operation, featuring authentic & contemporary, local Pacific Northwest cuisine. The well known Chef’s creation reflect a farm-to-table philosophy.
We are looking for an inspired Housekeeping Manager who believes in success through commitment and pride to join this beautiful Resort.
The ideal candidate is a highly seasoned and intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
This inspirational leader is responsible for driving, communicating and supporting all departmental processes within housekeeping department and positively influencing the operations through an effective leadership approach.
Short Position Summary:
Hands-On supervising of all housekeeping employees, has the authority to hire or discharge, plans and assigns work assignments, gives training for newly recruited employees, audits and inspects housekeeping personal work assignments and requisitions supplies. Takes care of the budget and budget controlling for the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises all aspects of the Housekeeping Department according to House set standards by providing support and leadership to a team of Room Attendants, Public Area Attendants, Porters and Turndown Attendants.
- Hires and trains new employees as needed, discharges employees when necessary and takes disciplinary actions when policies are not followed.
- Evaluates employees in order to upgrade them when openings arise.
- Plans the work for the housekeeping department and distributes assignments accordingly. Assigns regular duties and special duties for housekeeping staff.
- Schedules employees and assigns extra days off according to occupancy forecast and maintains a time log book of all employees within the department.
- Assigns new employees to work with experienced employees. Checks on the work of these employees occasionally and observes the reports made by the supervisors.
- Approves all supply requisitions, such as those for spreads and bathroom rugs.
Responsibility and Authority:
- Responsible for cleanliness, orderliness and appearance of all non-Gardens aspects of hotel.
- Supervise and oversee day-to-day housekeeping operation.
- Conduct physical inspections of guest rooms, public areas, F&B outlets and offices to ensure prescribed standards of cleanliness daily.
- Coach and train all staff in the department, improving their work performance through inspections, corrections of standards, and providing direction.
- Actively promote a considerate work environment which cares for guests and associates alike.
- Ensure compliance with legislated health and safety requirements within the workplace.
- Seek continuous improvements in process of operations, services and products.
- Monitor guest questionnaires to identify shortfalls and service issues.
- Coordinate closely with Maintenance for daily and yearly repair and maintenance programmes of guest rooms and public areas.
- Attend promptly to all guest complaints and requests.
- Implement opportunities for quality team building.
- Prepare Annual Housekeeping Budget.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies, linen and uniform.
- Organize inventories with accounting for linen, uniform and fixed assets.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest control activities.
- Develop and implement housekeeping systems and procedures.
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist in selecting suppliers for items related to Housekeeping.
- Verification of supplies consignments.
- Approval of the Functional Manual of the department.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills, entrepreneurial, thinks outside the box, able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies/synergies across the network.
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Management preferred.
- Minimum 2 years hospitality experience.
- Minimum 1 year leadership experience in hospitality.
- Experience in a luxury setting considered an asset.
- Familiarity with WebRez Pro an asset.
- Operational/Technical knowledge.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Ability to consistently stand and walk throughout shift.
- Must be legally permitted to work in Canada.
- Has the ability to be bonded/have a criminal background check.
- Has a driver’s licence valid for British Columbia and Canada.
Excellent Working Atmosphere, very positive professional environment. Picturesque setting.
Employment is full time, year round.
ONE MONTH Vacation annually!! (to be taken in off-season). Subsidized private furnished housing on the island. Walking distance to hotel.
For Couples! Spouse Employment at the hotel is also welcomed!
The Boutique Resort operates March to November
Very well known, desirable Island community to live in.
Interested candidates please forward complete CV in confidence to:
Confidentiality assured to all interested candidates!