General Manager for a Boutique, Waterfront Resort and Marina, Gulf Islands in British Columbia.
This is a year round position, live in one of the most desirable Island communities in British Columbia.
Description:Our client is an internationally well-known boutique Resort & Spa, catering to sophisticated international clients. This Resort offers a unique guest experience focused on luxury in a one-of-a-kind setting.
This award winning Resort operates spring to fall only (March to beginning of November), however this is a year round position. Combine your experience and your passion of Island living by joining the team at this internationally renowned Resort & Marina in British Columbia.
The Resort includes a very popular Restaurant and a Bistro operation, featuring authentic & contemporary, local Pacific Northwest cuisine. The well known Chef’s creation reflect a farm-to-table philosophy.
We are looking for an inspired General Manager who believes in success through commitment and pride to join this beautiful Resort.
The ideal candidate is a highly seasoned and intelligent hotel professional with outstanding management skills and extensive hands-on experience.
The General Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of all related areas of the Resort. The General Manager will be in charge for the strategic planning, financial forecasting, crew satisfaction deliverables and overall guest satisfaction. The General Manager will be working closely with the sales & marketing team and event planners, reporting directly to the owners.
This inspirational leader is responsible for driving, communicating and supporting all departmental processes within operations and is also accountable for positively influencing the operations through an effective leadership approach.
This position encompasses all aspects of the Resort operations, including ensuring the success of events and weddings as well as keeping strong positive relations with the Island’s community.
The General Manager should be competent in troubleshooting skills, time management, organization and an exceptional eye for detail.
- Oversee, manage, direct and take part in all aspects of Accommodations, and Food & Beverage Services.
- Build, engage and empower a strong service oriented team and create a positive work environment at all times.
- Implement and continuously improve systems, standards and processes for resort management, measurement and control
- Develop and implement annual operating plans including financial forecasts, service strategies and operations delivery
- With a hands-on approach, manage, direct and take part in all aspects of the resort daily operations to deliver exceptional resort experiences for guests, and employees.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Hotel General Manager upscale Hotel experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results
- Upper level manager experience at a first class Resort
- Food & Beverage management experience, including fine dining and upscale wine knowledge
- Working knowledge and use of current technology including MS Office and property management systems (WebResPro)
- Experience in financial control, planning and reporting in a hospitality environment
Excellent Working Atmosphere, very positive professional environment. Picturesque setting.
Employment is full time, year round. The Boutique Resort operates March to November
Very well known, desirable Island community to live in.
Excellent Salary and working conditions.