RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER
Luxurious Waterfront Resort & Marina
Gulf Islands in British Columbia
We are currently seeking a Restaurant GM for a high end, Waterfront Resort & Spa & Marina, Gulf Islands in British Columbia.
Our client is an internationally well-known boutique Resort & Spa catering to sophisticated international clients. This Resort offers a unique guest experience focused on luxury in a one-of-a-kind setting.
This is a 9 month/year position, live in one of the most desirable Island communities in British Columbia.
This award winning Resort operates spring to fall only (March to beginning of November. Combine your experience and your passion of Island living by joining the team at this internationally renowned Resort & Marina in British Columbia.
The Resort includes a very popular fine dining Restaurant and a Bistro operation, featuring authentic & contemporary, local Pacific Northwest cuisine. The well-known Chef’s creation reflect a farm-to-table philosophy.
We are looking for an inspired Restaurant GM who believes in success through commitment and pride to join this beautiful Resort.
The ideal candidate is a highly seasoned and intelligent restaurant professional with excellent wine knowledge, outstanding management skills and hands-on experience.
The Restaurant GM will oversee the day-to-day operations of all Food & Beverage related areas of the Resort. The Restaurant GM will report directly to the Resort General Manager and will be in charge for the strategic planning, staff training and development of crew so that they are capable of delivering a superb service to ensure overall guest satisfaction.
The Restaurant GM will be working closely with the event planner.
This inspirational leader is responsible for driving, communicating and supporting all departmental processes within operations and is also accountable for positively influencing the operations through an effective leadership approach.
This position encompasses all aspects of the Resort Food & Beverage operations, including ensuring the success of small events as well as keeping strong positive relations with the Island’s community.
The Restaurant Manager should be competent in troubleshooting skills, time management, organization and an exceptional eye for detail.
- With a hands-on approach, manage, direct and take part in all
aspects of the resort daily food & beverage operations to deliver exceptional resort experiences for guests, employees and other stakeholders.
- Build, engage and empower a strong service-oriented team and create a positive work environment at all times.
- Implement and continuously improve the wine & beverage systems, standards and initiate and implement up-selling techniques
- Develop and implement annual operating plans including financial forecasts, service strategies and operations delivery
- Minimum 3 to 5 years Restaurant Manager, upscale Restaurant experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and achieve results
- High-End Food & Beverage management experience, including fine dining and upscale wine knowledge, sommelier certification an asset
- Working knowledge and use of current technology including MS Office(Word, Excel, Outlook), POS, and able to adapt to new systems
- Experience in financial control, planning and reporting in a hospitality environment
Excellent Working Atmosphere, very positive professional environment. Picturesque setting.
The Boutique Resort operates March to November
Very well known, desirable Island community to live in.
Accommodation provided for Single or Couple, at a very reasonable cost. Excellent Salary and Bonus Package.
Interested candidates please forward complete CV in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Confidentiality assured to all interested candidates!