Do you want to be part of a super creative, dynamic, cutting edge,
International focused culinary team?
Our client is one of the world’s largest, international Foodservice Companies, opening up production facilities in Canada, with Vancouver being the first location.
The Food Production varies: different food styles from 5 Star gourmet menues to casual snacks.
This Internationally focused kitchen is developing cutting edge food production and creating fantastic, incredible new food trends, setting the culinary standards for the future in this foodservice sector.
The ideal candidate is passionate about food, a creative, talented chef, who is in tune with food trends and is experienced in high-end, high-volume food production.
Large volume, plated food experience in first class food production facilities, 4/5 star hotel, cruise ships and/or convention center or similar is an asset.
Asian food knowledge and Asian culinary trend awareness an asset
Excellent working atmosphere! Be part of the pre-opening management team!!
Excellent Salary, Bonus, Benefits and Pension Plan
Reporting to the Corporate Executive Chef the Executive Sous Chef & Sous Chef are partly responsible for the overall operation of the culinary department. This leadership position works effectively within the team environment towards the goals of operational execution, customer service and employee satisfaction.
The Executive Sous Chef & Sous Chef will maintain high standards of food quality and service. Responsibilities include total food production systems, including menu developing, training and development of culinary staff.
The Executive Sous Chef & Sous Chef will play a vital role in the pre-opening phase of the new food production facilities in Vancouver.
oversee and direct all food productions, ensuring quality standards and
specifications are met
- Assists with ideas in developing and creation of new menue designs and concepts in corporation with the Corporate Chef
- In charge of preparation and production of all food items
- Direct staff under company guidelines including performance and disciplinary issues when required.
- Maintain positive relationships with culinary team and other departments
- Job Requirements
- Education in culinary management from an accredited institute or university
- Red Seal certification
- Minimum 5 years culinary experience across a broad range of dining levels and must include fine dining experience
- Adept at sourcing local products
- Experience with international cuisine (a strong asset)
- Experience in high volume environment required
- (Cruise Ships, Hotels, Convention Center etc.) a strong asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Lead/Sous Chef in a larger kitchen
- Proven experience and understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Ability to lead effectively with a wide range and diverse community
Exceptional Career Opportunity
Be part of a super creative, trend setting, dynamic team with great people!
Excellent Salary, Bonus, Benefits and many Perks
Interested candidates please forward complete Resumé in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org