Brand-new opening Vancouver.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, creative, cutting edge,
International focused Management Team?
Our client is one of the world’s largest, international Foodservice Companies, opening up production facilities in Canada, with Vancouver being the first location.
The facilities will produce thousands of plated hot and cold meals daily. The Food Production varies of different food styles from 5 Star gourmet menues to casual snacks.
The ideal candidate is a creative talented chef and has a strong knowledge of high-end, high-volume food production. Large volume, plated food experience in first class food production facilities, 4/5 star hotel and/or convention center or similar is an asset.
Asian food knowledge and Asian culinary trend awareness an asset
Excellent working atmosphere! Be part of the pre-opening management team!!
Excellent Salary, Bonus, Benefits and Pension Plan
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Corporate Executive Chef the Executive Sous Chef is responsible for the quality, authenticity, specification compliance of all food development & production, food and labour costs, staff scheduling, menu design and planning. Ensures customer food is produced to specific schedules and customer specifications. Participates in new menue development and menu presentations to new and existing clients, ensuring the highest quality standards. Liaison with customer service and operations to ensure efficient labour utilization, hygiene practices, and quality and customer requirements are met.
The Executive Sous Chef will play a vital role in the pre-opening phase of the new food production facilities in Vancouver. The Executive Sous Chef will be traveling during the pre-opening phase to be trained with the Corporate Executive Chefs in New York and Los Angeles.
- Oversee and direct all food productions, ensuring quality standards and specifications are met
- Develops and creates new menue designs and concepts in corporation with the Corporate Chef
- Work closely with Purchasing Manager for procurement of materials and assist in sourcing specific materials as required, ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Direct staff under company guidelines including performance and disciplinary issues when required.
- Establish corrective action plan and follow up on product issues
- Manage menu costing and ensure Purchasing adherence to costing guidelines
- Maintain positive relationships with customer base including marketing of our Company Catering product
- 10+ years Chef’s experience including appropriate accreditation (i.e. Red Seal, CAP)
- 3+ years menu design, costing and pricing
- 1+ years in food and beverage financial role
- 1+ years experience managing personnel with direct reporting responsibilities
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in high volume environment required (Cruise Ships, Hotels, Convention Center etc.)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as Lead/Sous Chef in a large kitchen
- Proven experience and understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Experience with industry’s best practices
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to lead effectively with a wide range and diverse community
- Experience with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong analytical skills, mathematical conversions, and attention to detail
- Highly organized and very detailed oriented.
- Excellent Food knowledge, Asian food knowledge and Asian culinary trend awareness an asset.
- Strong customer service skills and flexibility to respond to production and supplier requests and issues in a timely manner
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Results oriented problem solver in a fast paced environment
- A successful record of performance which demonstrates ability to work both independently and in a team environment