SOUS CHEF, RESTAURANT, Waterfront Dining
Part of an UPSCALE, 4 STAR HOTEL CHAIN
Sous Chef required for a well known 4 **** Vancouver Hotel Chain, Restaurant.
Renowned, very popular, well-established Fine Dining Restaurant. Contemporary award-winning Pacific North West Cuisine with an emphasis on fresh Seafood.
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, creative, SOUS CHEF.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Chef de Partie, looking to be promoted to Sous Chef, or a Sous Chef to work under an excellent, talented Executive Chef, who can be a great mentor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervision and leadership of the kitchen brigade
- Participate in the food preparation in accordance with accepted standards of quality.
- Training and development of new and existing employees. Develop training programs for all employees.
- Ensure the overall cleanliness and the health and safety aspects of the kitchen are maintained at all times.
- Responsible for proper storage, labeling and use of all food supplies to prevent unnecessary spoilage and to maintain cost control.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager to ensure the restaurant and lounge are running smoothly and efficiently.
- Optimize food quality and guest satisfaction.
- Assist the Executive Chef with Menu planning, inventory control, scheduling, ordering of kitchen supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including proper record keeping.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems and customer complaints in a professional and tactful manner.
Credentials & Experience
- Red Seal and Culinary education preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the food and beverage industry
Excellent Salary, Benefits and Excellent Working Atmosphere and Conditions
If you are interested in applying, please send full resume VIA EMAIL to email@example.com