Pastry Chef, Instructor
Award winning, internationally renowned Culinary School
Greater Vancouver, BC Canada
Permanent Full-Time position
This Internationally award winning, state-of-the-art culinary Academy, trains students for entry-level positions in fine dining restaurants, hotels, patisseries, bakeshops and catering companies worldwide.
The Full Time Pastry Chef Instructor will be responsible for leading hands-on pastry classes in conformity with the school’s lesson plans.
No previous classroom teaching experience necessary.
This candidate must be comfortable speaking in front of groups
(Average class size is 10 – 15 participants).
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts in-classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum.
- Demonstrates techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
- Delivers clear, concise and organized lectures as required by the curriculum.
- Assesses student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
- Maintains a positive, focused learning environment during class.
- Assures that classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attends meetings and faculty orientation as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Pastry diploma and some form of formal baking education.
- Minimum of 7 years pastry experience.
(No previous classroom teaching experience necessary)
- Fine Pastry & Patisserie experience preferred.
- Proficient in Computer skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
Excellent Salary, Benefits and Excellent Working Atmosphere and Conditions
Assistance with moving expenses possible
If you are interested in applying, please send full resume VIA EMAIL to email@example.com