Excellent Career Opportunity:
Voted 1st Class Winter & Summer Resort in Canada is fast-growing, progressive, and promotes from within.
Leading Resort is seeking an Executive Chef / Director Food & Beverage
11 F&B outlets, from coffee shops, bar & lounges, multiple patios, casual and upscale casual fare to theme & fine dining Restaurants.
The ideal Candidate is a very experienced Chef, active and involved leader experienced in management of multiple people in a multi-outlet operation, preferably a 4 or 5 Star Hotel. Excellent, professional working environment.
The Executive Chef / Director F&B directs and organizes the kitchens, food productions and all Food & Beverage function within the Resort. Maintains high standards of quality, service and merchandising to maximize profits. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, the selection, hiring, training and development of team members, oversight of departmental administration, implementation of effective control of inventory and labor costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of all food productions & kitchen operations.
- Provide overall direction, coordination, and ongoing evaluation of all Food & Beverage operations.
- Responsible for scheduling and payroll for the Food and Beverage Department.
- Budgetary, projections, and cost control skills to be applied to the daily operations of the Food and Beverage Department.
- Responsible for all departmental hiring, training, evaluations and diplomacy actions.
- Work with Marketing & Advertising to promote Resort Food and Beverage outlets.
- Acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Create, manage and implement departmental policies & procedures.
- Ensure maintenance of safety and sanitation standards and policies.
- Ensuring staff are ASIP certified.
- Understand security requirements.
EXCELLENT SALARY & BENEFIT PACKAGE.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 Years experience as a Executive Chef in a high Volume, multiple outlet Food & Beverage environment
- Minimum 3 years senior food and beverage management experience, preferably handling multiple outlets, and diverse concepts.
- Food and beverage “front of the house” management experience with demonstrated knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, and Kitchen operational procedures.
- Knowledge of menu composition, food preparation and basic food handling and sanitation standards.
- Experience in a Ski Resort setting a definite asset.
- Training in management and employee development required.
- Continuous training and education to keep abreast of changes in the industry and external environment.
- Culinary Diploma/Papers required
RESORT located in WESTERN CANADA
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR SINGLE OR FAMILY, UP TO 4 BEDROOMS, PROVIDED AT NO CHARGE.