Director Food & Beverage for Renowned, First Class Luxury Hotel in Whistler
We are currently seeking a Director Food & Beverage for a very high end, Hotel-Resort in Whistler, British Columbia.
Our client is a well-known first class hotel in Whistler looking for an established Director Food & Beverage with a hands-on management approach and a background in luxury Hotels and fine dining establishments.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic, trend-conscious, Food & Beverage professional, who understands the particular demands of excellent food and service standards.
The Director of Food& Beverage creates the vision and direction for the F&B department alongside the Executive Chef and holds the ultimate responsibility in the department for overall engagement and training of the staff, guest satisfaction and financial performance. This position requires a highly self-motivated individual who can manage with minimal direction and interact with guests at a high-level as well as train staff to deliver exceptional service. This position is an integral part of the senior leadership team and must possess superior communications skills as well as a passion for the Hospitality Industry and lifestyle.
Leading a multi-facetted F&B operation, this role requires a hands-on leader and mentor that strives for service excellence and has a solid background in upscale/fine dining Restaurant Management, Banquets and Events and Hotel F&B operations as well as extensive wine knowledge.
- Minimum of 5 years’ combined experience in a senior leadership position within F&B.
- Thorough background in fine dining and lounge service.
- Understanding of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge / Banquet and Events procedures.
- Effective decision making skills and strong problem solving skills.
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to understand, create and manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, with a positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Computer literate with MS Office applications and excellent understanding of POS systems.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and quality conscious.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Education in hospitality management an asset.
- Certifications as required to comply with provincial regulations.
- Extensive knowledge about wine; Educational certification an asset.
Excellent Salary, Bonus and Benefits
Interested candidates please forward complete Resumé in confidence to: email@example.com
Or please call @ 604 738 2433
Confidentiality assured to all interested candidates